Elske Ammenwerth regulary teaches in bachelor, master and PhD programmes of health informatics and related fields. Her lectures comprise, among others, the following topics:
- Introduction to health informatics
- IT project management in health care
- Hospital information systems
- Evaluation of health information systems
- Tactical and strategic information management
- Frank-van-Swieten lecture on hospital information systems (international lecture with Universities of Amsterdam, Leipzig, Braunschweig, Heidelberg/Heilbronn)
- Clinical documentation systems
- Nursing informatics
- Applied clinical informatics
- Research methods
- Recent topics in healh informatics
Elske Ammenwerth is also initiator and chair of the online-based postgraduate master programme in Health Information Management at UMIT.
She has supervised 13 PhD thesis and around 50 master thesis and 50 bachelor thesis.